Moraine Valley Community College
Eriksson Engineering Associates, Ltd. (EEA) worked with Moraine Valley Community College on essential campus updates. Initially EEA consultants assisted with expanding the school’s athletic resources through the design of natural grass competition and practice soccer fields.
EEA worked with the College again on the design of a new Health and Wellness Center. The Wellness Center, which opened in the Spring of 2014, is equipped with a swimming pool and other amenities to serve students and other members of the community.
Consultants from EEA also assisted with the following infrastructure improvements for both projects, including:
- Bioswales to protect high-quality, spring-fed pond
- 120-space parking lot with capacity for additional 50 space buildout
- Sanitary study to confirm existing downstream capacity
- Design alterations at driveways to accommodate shallow, high pressure jet fuel line
- Earthwork balancing on multiple projects and other campus properties
- Fully irrigated and underdrained natural grass competition soccer field in floodplain, adjacent to existing ADID wetland
- Two partially irrigated natural grass practice fields served by a new well
EEA continues to work on campus addressing additional civil site improvements. EEA recently assisted with the nearly-completed Student Success Center (Building G) and outdoor student activity space.