Hinsdale Central High School
EEA has been providing civil engineering services at the Hinsdale Central High School campus since 2009 on a variety of projects:
• Stand-alone practice synthetic turf football/soccer field
• Athletic stadium with competition synthetic turf field
• New discus, shot put, long and triple jumps, and other track and field spaces
• Residential home demolition near school site
• Central utility plan and infrastructure improvements
Most recently, EEA assisted with the modification of existing pick-up and drop-off areas for students and school buses to solve traffic queuing concerns, pedestrian conflicts, and congestion problems at the campus. After conducting traffic studies, EEA’s resident traffic consultant made recommendations to the high school and helped facilitate the implementation of these suggestions.
The final design resulted in dividing bus and parent traffic into separate pick-up areas and creating more usable frontage for both. To provide more efficient use of the site, additional navigation improvements were also made.
In partnership with improvements to Hinsdale Central High School, EEA consultants have also assisted with synthetic turf fields and campus improvements at Hinsdale South High School.