Crystal Lake Public Library
The first library in Crystal Lake opened up in 1913 and consisted of a small reading room located in a vacant house. After that, a more formal library was developed at a nearby high school in 1914. Due to the growing quantity of books, they had, the library moved to the high school’s heating plant in the 1930s.
Fast forward to 2021, for their most recent renovation, Eriksson Engineering Associates, Ltd. (EEA) provided the overall maintenance at the library including sidewalk replacement and a parking lot seal coat. Our engineers completed minor stormwater improvements to help with the overall site drainage including, a dry well. A drive-up window is provided to allow the patrons to complete pick-up and drop-offs from their vehicles.