EEA has worked with Northwestern University for several years to expand and improve facilities throughout the campus. Northwestern most recently enlisted the help of EEA consultants to provide a new home for the Kellogg MBA program as well as the Department of Economics. As part of this project, EEA is incorporating permeable paver parking and a loading dock on the lower level of the 350,000-square-foot building with man entry to the west off North Campus Drive. Raised plaza areas will also be positioned on the south and east sides of the building to create exterior spaces for student use. To facilitate infiltration measures and enhance water quality, EEA has designed an extensive retaining wall system to accommodate abrupt grade changes surrounding the building. Sustainable components around the site will aide in pursuing LEED Silver status.
Prior to working on the Kellogg School of Management project, EEA worked with various design teams to replace the existing Anderson Hall Athletic Complex with a new multi-use facility. Consultants also worked to phase the project for minimal campus disturbance while creating new sewer and watermain connections approximately 1,000 feet away. At Harris Hall, EEA assisted with renovations to the second and third floors and securing LEED Gold certification. EEA relocated and installed new utility lines to preserve the history of this area of campus and its oldest trees. Other projects on the campus include 630 Emerson, 1856 Orrington and Rodgers House.